Carpentry and Flooring are Red Seal trades that offer great career opportunities. Find out how to apprentice for either trade.
Build your construction trade skills.
Stay current, boost your productivity and develop specialized, in-demand skills to be as successful as you can be. Membership in the Carpenters Union gives you access to advanced construction and carpentry training.
Courses for you
Our courses can help you advance your skills in the following areas:
- Working at Heights – 6.5 hours
- Confined Spaces Awareness – 6 hours
- Power Elevated Work Platforms – 4 hours
- Forklift/All-Terrain – 16 hours
- Propane – 4 hours
- First Aid/CPR – 16 hours
- Construction Health and Safety – 20 hours
- Hoisting and Rigging – 16 hours
- Formwork – 48 hours
- PERI Formwork – 32 hours
- Scaffold Tube and Clamp – 48 hours
- Basics of Supervising – 30 hours
- Framing – hours vary depending on level
- Blueprint Reading – 30 hours
- Construction Math – 30 hours
- Certificate of Qualification Refresher – 40 hours
- Level and Transit – 16 hours
- Total Station – 16 hours
Keep checking back for updates to our available courses.
Want more information?
Contact the Local 93 Training Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep your mandatory certifications up to date
Contact us to register for any of these Ontario certification courses:
Working at Heights
In-class instruction at Local 93 Training Centre (6.5 hours)
Download: Bulletin PDF
Learn more: http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/faqs/wah.php
Worker Health and Safety Awareness
Online course: https://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/elearn/worker/foursteps.php and email a copy of the certificate to email@example.com
In-class WHMIS training at Local 93 Training Centre Monday to Friday 7:30am to 3pm. Online training available at https://aixsafety.com/free-whmis-2015-training-and-free-test-and-certification/. Please enter in date fully (month/day/year) and email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of the certificate once completed.