Training links now available on the work referral slip.
Training records for our members are now available through a link on the work referral slip. Follow the link to see all the training records. If you would like the training records emailed, please contact the Training Centre at (343) 451-6884.
Build your construction trade skills.
Stay current, boost your productivity and develop specialized, in-demand skills to be as successful as you can be. Membership in the Carpenters Union gives you access to advanced construction and carpentry training.
Keep checking back for updates to our available courses.
Courses for you
Our courses can help you advance your skills in the following areas:
- Working at Heights – 8 hours
- Working at Heights Refresher - 4 hours
- Confined Spaces Awareness – 4 hours: http://ubc.vubizlearning.com/
- Power Elevated Work Platforms – 8 hours
- Forklift/All-Terrain – 8 hours
- Propane – 6 hours
- First Aid/CPR – 16 hours
- Hoisting and Rigging – 16 hours
- Floor Laying Workshop - 8 hours (All Members)
- Formwork – 48 hours
- Scaffolding – 48 hours
- Framing – 48 hours
- Certificate of Qualification Refresher – 40 hours
- Level and Transit – 16 hours
- Total Station – 16 hours
- Foreman Training - 40 hours
- Door and Hardware - 48 hours
Survival of the Fittest - Online, Self-Paced Course
- Click Here to access the course, use your email and the invite code SURVIVAL to create an account.
- If you already have an EdApp account from the Aptitude Assessment or Local 93 Information Session, use your email and password to sign in. You will already have access to the course.
Members may have questions in regards to an email that was sent out by the UBC in April 2020. The ITC is offering an 8 hour ICRA Awareness class that is online through www.carpenters.org. Members are required to register a user name through the carpenters.org. The links below will help you navigate the registration and login processes.
The 8 hour ICRA awareness class is only an awareness class and educates the participant on how to work within the ICRA environment. It is not the 24 hour ICRA class that instructs participants on how to construct hard and soft wall enclosures, monitor and scrub air among many more practical exercises.
The online class consists of a module-based PowerPoint that allows the participate to move at their own pace. Upon concluding the PowerPoint the participant is prompted to do a 25 question evaluation (all multiple choice) again at their own pace. 70% has to be obtained to complete the class, the evaluation can be done multiple times.
This training is not mandatory.
Want more information?
Contact the Local 93 Training Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep your mandatory certifications up to date
Contact us to register for any of these Ontario certification courses:
Working at Heights
In-class instruction at Local 93 Training Centre (8 hours)
Download: Bulletin PDF
Learn more: http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/faqs/wah.php
Worker Health and Safety Awareness
Online course: https://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/elearn/worker/foursteps.php and email a copy of the certificate to email@example.com
In Person: training at Local 93 Training Centre Monday to Friday 7:30am to 3pm.